Badgers were unlucky to lose their top board to other commitments just the day before the match. As a result Dunfermline were given a strong opportunity to defeat the current champions.
The win for Dunfermline rarely looked in doubt after Glynis set the ball rolling with a fine win but they gave themselves some late scares after boards 1 and 4 failed to convert strong positions and board 2 allowed a crazy situation to develop whereby Gavin had to allow his opponent a discovered check. Fortunately everything miraculously held together and he emerge with an easily won ending.
- Ian Robertson 1/2-1/2 Kenny McGeoch
- Gavin Saxton 1-0 Martin Clancy
- Fred Ossowski 0-1 Graham Kerr
- Jim Webster 1/2-1/2 Kenny Aiston
- Glynis Grant 1-0 Robert Liddle