All the plaudits go to Cumbernauld but alas not the victory. A board down before starting and heavily out-graded on the others this match went to the wire. Although most of the games had some interest I can but give the really scary opening moves of board 6 which ended in perpetual check.
White: Bryan O’Rourke Black: David Flanerty 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bc4 Nf6 4. Ng5 d5 5. ed Nd5 6. Qh5 g6 7.Qf3 Qg5 8. Bd5 Nd4 9.Qf7+ Kd8 10. Be4 Be6 11. h4 Nc2+ 12. Bc2 Qg2 and a draw by perpetual a few moves later after black took the rook. Entertaining stuff.
Dunfermline 4 - 3 Cumbernauld
- Ian Robertson 1-0 Mark Monaghan
- John McBride 1/2 Ralph Stirrat
- Gavin Saxton 1/2 George Thomson
- Fred Ossowski 1/2 Derek MacAteer
- Andy Forbes 0-1 Steven Monaghan
- Bryan O’Rourke 1/2 David Flanerty
- Win by Default 1-0 Loss by default